08/22/2013: Protect Your Most Valuable Asset
There were over 12 million incidents of identity theft in the United States in 2012. That’s more identities stolen than the entire population of Greece. It’s a $37 billion dollar crime that affects 1 in 26 Americans. That’s why it’s a priority at Bank of Oak Ridge to help our clients with identity theft protection.
How Bank of Oak Ridge Can Help Protect Your Identity
- All of our Empower Checking account clients receive Identity Theft Protection services to protect you and up to three generations of family against identity theft. This valuable benefit is also available to all other Bank of Oak Ridge clients for a minimal monthly fee of $6.00.
- At Bank of Oak Ridge, we take great care to protect your personal information. Strict policies and procedures are in place to ensure your account information is kept confidential. Only authorized signers (the name of the account holder as it appears on the card) can access account information and specific information will be requested about you to verify your identity before making changes to your account.
- Placing sensitive outgoing mail, especially bill payments, in personal curbside mailboxes can be risky. Pay your bills online with Bank of Oak Ridge’s convenient online Bill Pay service. It’s a fast, easy and totally secure way to pay your bills online.
- Shred all financial statements, billing statements, preapproved credit card offers and other sensitive documents before throwing them in the trash. We hold an annual Shred Day event with free document shredding for the entire community.
- Bank of Oak Ridge offers free E-Statements, which reduce the risk of mail fraud and the need for shredding. Remember to review the statements each month for mistakes or unfamiliar charges that might be the sign of an identity thief at work.
- Take advantage of a Bank of Oak Ridge safe deposit box to protect sensitive documents. We offer various sizes ranging from $30-$90 per year.
Like us on Facebook to learn more about how you can minimize your risk of identity theft.