FDIC Insurance Coverage
As an IntraFi Network partner, at Bank of Oak Ridge you can access multi-million-dollar FDIC protection on deposits placed in demand deposit accounts, money market deposit accounts, and CDs—all through our bank.
How do ICS and CDARS work?
As a part of the IntraFi Network, we can further protect your deposits through IntraFi Cash Services (ICS) and CDARS. When we place your deposit through ICS, that deposit is divided into amounts under the standard FDIC insurance maximum of $250,000. The amounts are then placed into deposit accounts at multiple FDIC-insured banks. As a result, you can access your FDIC coverage from many institutions while working directly with us. You’ll receive one statement from our bank, and access key details about your account 24/7.
What are the Benefits?
With ICS and CDARS through Bank of Oak Ridge, you can…
- Enjoy peace of mind. Funds are eligible for multi-million-dollar FDIC protection backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. government. And, as bank deposits, the funds are not subject to floating net asset values, liquidity fees, or money market mutual fund liquidity gates, so you can rest assured knowing that market volatility will not lead to a loss of principal.
- Earn a smart return. Funds may earn returns that compare favorably to Treasuries and government money market mutual funds.
- Bask in the ease. Eliminate ongoing collateral-tracking requirements, footnoting uninsured deposits in financial statements, and manually consolidating multiple accounts – freeing up more time to accomplish your organization’s goals.
- Get the transparency you want. Check demand deposit account and money market deposit account balances and other key information online, 24/7, and receive detailed, monthly statements.
- Manage liquidity. Enjoy access to funds placed into demand deposit accounts and money market deposit accounts.
- Support your community. Feel good knowing that the full amount of your funds can stay local to support lending opportunities that build a stronger community.*
Plus, enjoy the convenience of working directly with us, a bank you already know and trust.
How Do I Get Started?
*When deposited funds are exchanged on a dollar-for-dollar basis with other institutions that use ICS, our bank can use the full amount of a deposit placed through ICS for local lending, satisfying some depositors’ local investment goals or mandates. Alternatively, with a depositor’s consent, our bank may choose to receive fee income instead of deposits from other participating institutions. Under these circumstances, deposited funds would not be available for local lending.
Deposit placement through CDARS or ICS is subject to the terms, conditions, and disclosures in applicable agreements. Although deposits are placed in increments that do not exceed the FDIC standard maximum deposit insurance amount (“SMDIA”) at any one destination bank, a depositor’s balances at the institution that places deposits may exceed the SMDIA (e.g., before settlement for deposits or after settlement for withdrawals) or be uninsured (if the placing institution is not an insured bank). The depositor must make any necessary arrangements to protect such balances consistent with applicable law and must determine whether placement through CDARS or ICS satisfies any restrictions on its deposits. A list identifying IntraFi network banks appears at https://www.intrafi.com/network-banks. The depositor may exclude banks from eligibility to receive its funds. IntraFi, CDARS and ICS are registered service marks, and the IntraFi hexagon and IntraFi logo are service marks, of IntraFi Network LLC.