Careers With Us
Welcome to Bank of Oak Ridge. Our success is the direct result of our dedicated employees who go above and beyond to deliver Spectacularly Local banking.
Most recently, we were named one the Triad’s Top Workplaces (2016) and Healthiest Employers (2011). Awards like these are a reflection of our thriving workplace culture, which we believe is a direct result of our committed, passionate and empowered people. That’s why we seek exceptional people to work with us who share our beliefs — banking should be about doing what’s right for our clients, being a good listener, and going the extra mile.
We are so much more than a series of transactions. We have the power to help people make their financial dreams come true. And, that is a direct result of the trusting one-on-one relationships we cultivate with the people in our community who have chosen us to be their banking partner.
If you are passionate about what you do, care about people and our community, and enjoy learning along the way, we invite you to consider career opportunities with Bank of Oak Ridge.
Our Diverse Workplace
With Bank of Oak Ridge, you’ll find that we are committed to hiring, developing and promoting people with diverse talents. Our bank truly values, respects and seeks diverse people, skills, perspective and ideas. We are committed to hiring without regard to: race, sex/gender, age, national origin, religion, disability, veteran’s status, culture, economic status, marital/family status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
Bank of Oak Ridge cares about you and your family. That’s why we offer an extensive, competitive and flexible benefits package. Our benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, basic life and accident (AD&D) insurance to all our eligible employees. You may elect coverage for yourself, spouse, domestic partner, children or family. Additionally we offer the following exceptional benefits:
- 401K Plan: Our 401K plan includes a generous matching benefit for all participating employees
- Paid Time Off (PTO): Our Paid Time Off plan is extremely competitive. It is important to us that our employees have time off for relaxation and diversion.
- Company Ownership: Our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP) is a company funded ownership and profit sharing retirement program consisting of Bank of Oak Ridge stock. The plan is designed to supplement employees’ retirement savings while also facilitating employee ownership. Employees become eligible to participate in the ESOP following one year of service, and all contributions are funded 100% by Bank of Oak Ridge!
- Recognition and Celebration: Our exciting, award-winning e-Awards program enables managers and peers to award each other for their hard work, loyalty and dedication in exemplifying Banking As It Should Be® in their everyday work. Throughout the year, we hold employee celebrations and participate in several charity events, including Habitat for Humanity, United Way and Christmas for Kids.
- Wellness: As one of the Triad’s healthiest employers, we offer gym reimbursements, on-site nutritional counseling, and support healthy lifestyles.
- Educational Assistance: We want our employees to reach of all their goals and enjoy a lifetime of learning and professional development. This is why we support our employees’ educational development with tuition reimbursement.
- Day of Caring: Each year, we offer our employees eight paid hours off so they can get involved in the community and volunteer for a cause of their choice. In addition, together as a bank, we support many causes that meaningfully impact the people of our community.
- Employee Sponsorship: In support of employee wellness and community involvement, Bank of Oak Ridge sponsors employees to participate in charity events, such as “Race for the Cure” or March of Dimes’ “Walk for Babies.” Bank of Oak Ridge contributes up to $25 per employee per event for up to two charitable events a year. We encourage employees to participate individually or as part of a department or team.
Equal Opportunity Employer