Health Savings Accounts
Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) are designed to help individuals with qualified high deductible medical plans save to pay for medical expenses. These accounts offer:
Tax advantages. Contributions are tax-deductible, earnings are tax-deferred, and qualified withdrawals are tax-free.
A way to better manage your health care dollars. You withdraw your funds when you need them. Withdrawals are tax-free and penalty-free when made for qualified expenses.
A way to pay for a broad range of health care services. You can use your HSA to pay for covered expenses that apply toward your deductible, or pay for qualified medical expenses that your health plan doesn’t cover, such as contact lenses, dental and orthodontic services, certain types of alternative medicine, and long-term care insurance.
A supplement to retirement income. At age 65, accumulated funds can also be withdrawn for non-qualified expenses, or medical expenses not covered by Medicare, subject to income tax.
Bank of Oak Ridge’s HSA features:
- FREE Visa® Debit Card
- FREE ePersonal Online Banking and Bill Payment
- ACH for HSA Contributions
To learn more:
- Download our HSA brochure
- Download these informative brochures from the Department of the Treasury:
- To learn more, visit one of our convenient Triad locations or call Client Connect at 336-644-9944.