Identity Theft Protection
Bank of Oak Ridge Defends YOU Against the Effects of Identity Theft
What is identity theft?
Identity theft is defined as the process of using someone else’s personal information for personal gain. Identity theft can happen to anyone, and it can come in all shapes and sizes. According to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), there are more than 30 types of identity theft affecting millions of Americans each year.
How can Bank of Oak Ridge help?
All of our Empower Checking account clients receive free services to protect you and your family against identity theft. This valuable benefit is also available to all other Bank of Oak Ridge clients for a minimal monthly fee of $6.00 and includes the following:
- Professional Identity Recovery Services – professional identity recovery management, should you suspect identity fraud for any reason
- Lost Document Rescue – assistance in replacing documents lost, stolen or destroyed (covers lost wallet)
- Credential Vault – securely store up to 50 credentials for safekeeping – credit cards, account numbers, and more
- Expense Reimbursement Insurance – covers expenses incurred in identity recovery (lost wages, court costs, notary fees, etc.)**
Learn more about Identity Theft Protection by clicking on the video below:
|Professional Identity Recovery Services*||Lost Document Rescue||Credential Vault||Expense Reimbursement Insurance **|
|Covers all types of Identity theft||Covers lost documents - missing wallet, etc.||Securely store up to 50 credentials||Covers expenses incurred in identity fraud recovery|
|Professional and certified identity Recovery Advocate||Covers stolen documents - burglary, etc.||Easy retrieval in the event of an emergency||Up to $25,000 including up to $6,250 per week in lost wages|
|Assistance with placement of fraud alerts||Covers documents destroyed in natural disasters - fire, flood, etc.||Store account numbers, credit card and debit card numbers, etc.||Covers attorney fees, court costs, travel expenses, notary expenses, etc.|
|One-on-one personalized research, analysis and services||Recovery Advocate works on your behalf to replace documents||Store important policy information, serial numbers, etc.|
|Advocate works on your behalf to dispute fraudulent information|
|No time limit|
|12 month follow up post-recovery|
* If ID Fraud affects a family member, services extend to three generations of family. Please see Terms for Identity Recovery Services for details (available upon request).
** Identity theft insurance underwritten by subsidiaries or affiliates of Chartis, Inc. The description herein is a summary and intended for informational purposes only and does not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for terms, conditions and exclusions of coverage. Coverage may not be available in all jurisdictions.
To learn more about how to protect yourself against identity theft, as well as establish your Credential Vault, or if you are enrolled in our Identity Theft Protection services, click the button below.